KJOY “$15k WEDDING GIVEAWAY” Contest
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of radio station KJOY (“Station”), owned and operated by Cumulus Media Holdings Inc. or one of its subsidiary companies, 3127 Transworld Dr. Suite 270 Stockton, CA 95206, during normal business hours Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
The Station will conduct the KJOY “Wedding Giveaway” Contest (the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
Eligibility. This Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents, age eighteen (18) years or older and who are unmarried at the time of entry with a valid Social Security number and who reside in the Station’s Designated Market Area (“DMA”) as defined by Nielsen Audio. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Cumulus Media Holdings Inc., its parent company, affiliates, related entities and subsidiaries, promotional sponsors, prize providers, advertising agencies, other radio stations serving the Station’s DMA, and the immediate family members and household members of all such employees are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and stepchildren. The term “household members” refers to people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Station’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Only one (1) Contest Finalist per immediate family and/or household. Should more than two (2) persons qualify from an immediate family or a household, then the person who first qualified will be deemed to be the one (1) and only Contest Finalist and the subsequent immediate family or household member will be immediately disqualified.
- Contest Period. The Contest will begin at 12:01a.m., PT on January 29, 2018 and will run through 3:00 p.m., PT on February 25, 2018 (the “Contest Period”). The Station’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
- How to Enter. To enter:
(i) Online: Visit the Station’s website www.993KJOY.com between January 28, 2018 – February 18, 2018, click on the “Wedding Giveaway” Contest link, and complete an entry form. All entries must be received by 11:59 pm ET on February 18, 2018, to be eligible for the drawing to become a Contest Finalist. Limit one (1) entry per person per email address. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any participant to submit more than one (1) entry per email address by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entry and the participant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Station is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, inappropriate or misdirected registrations, all of which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned the telephone number by the wireless carrier or an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Station and will not be returned. Station reserves the right to contact entrants and all other individuals whose email address is submitted as part of this promotion. No mail-in entries will be accepted.
- Winner Selection. On or about 10:00 a.m., PT on February 19, 2018, Station will select ten (10) Contest Finalists in a random drawing from among all valid entries received by Station during the Contest Period. Winners will be called immediately after the drawing. All winners must confirm he/she will be attending the finale event no later than 12:00 p.m., PT on Tuesday, February 20, 2018. Failure to confirm by the deadline stated above will lead to immediate disqualification. The (10) Contest Finalists must attend the the International Wedding Festival (Sunday February 25, 2018 at the Stockton Civic Auditorium between the hours of 11:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. in order to compete on stage during the Finale event. YOU AND YOUR FIANCEE MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN. NO PROXIES WILL BE ALLOWED IN THIS CONTEST FOR ANY REASON. Each Contest Finalist must have his/her fiancée/significant other present at the International Wedding Festival to take part in the Finale Event. All Contest Finalists and the fiancée(s)/significant others must check-in with the Station, presenting a current, valid government issued photo ID no later than 2:15 p.m. Failure to check-in and/or failure to have proper government identification will lead to immediate disqualification. YOU MUST REMAIN PRESENT THROUGH THE DURATION OF THE FINALE EVENT. After checking-in, the Contest Finalist couples are to meet at the registration booth (located at the entrance of the building) promptly at 2:25pm. The finale will start at or around 3:20 p.m.. At 2:45pm a member from the KJOY staff will walk all the Contest Finalist couples backstage to start the finale. During the Finale Event, there will be no more than ten (10) jewelry ring boxes on stage with one (1) box containing a ring. The number of boxes will directly correspond with the number of Contest Finalist couples that are properly checked-in and present. Each Contest Finalist’s name will be drawn one at a time, and each Contest Finalist will select one (1) of the available boxes. Once all boxes have been selected, each Contest Finalist will open the boxes at the same time. The Contest Finalist who opens the box containing a ring, is eligible to win the Grand Prize (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Rules). Should no person open a box containing a ring, the Winner will be chosen via random drawing from all remaining Contest Finalists. All finalists will be contacted using the email address and/or telephone number provided with the entry and may be awarded the prize (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these rules). Station’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Failure to respond to the initial verification contact by 12:00 p.m., PT on Tuesday, February 20, 2018. will result in disqualification.
- Verification of Potential Winner. THE ELIGIBILITY OF ALL POTENTIAL CONTEST WINNERS IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY STATION WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner may be notified by email and/or telephone call after the date of random drawing and/or winner determination. The potential winner will be required to sign and return to Station, within three (3) days of the date notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize, if applicable. A winner who returns the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release will be deemed to have accepted the contest prize and thereafter will not be permitted to rescind their acceptance of the prize and/or return the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and/or the liability/publicity release within the required time period (if applicable), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that the potential winner of a prize is disqualified for any reason, Station may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
- Grand Prize. One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded in this Contest. The Grand Prize is a wedding to take place February 3, 2019 at the River Oaks Golf Course & Event Center that includes the following: Venue & Catering Service for up to 50 people (including the bride and groom) from River Oaks Golf Course & Event Center with a value of no more than $3,495, (50) Chiavari chairs from Standard Party Rentals with a value of no more than $550, Up to four (4) hours of DJ service from Sound Express with a value of no more than $995, Gown from Bridal Loft with a value of no more than $1,000, Up to seven (7) tuxedo rentals from Men’s Warehouse with a value of no more than $1,000, Ministry Services from Minister on Wheels with a value of no more than $300, Four (4) hour Photography package from Corona Images with a value of no more than $3,200, 8’ Paper Flower Accent Backdrop from Paper Petals with a value of no more than $650, (4) tickets to IWF from International Wedding Festival with a value of no more than $60, Wedding Party Flowers from Lori Cole Events with a value of no more than $350, Table Décor Flowers from Lori Cole Events with a value of no more than $400 and Wedding Consulting with a value of no more than $3,495. ARV Fifteen Thousand Four Hundred and Ninety Five dollars ($15,495). Winner is responsible for all taxes associated with prize receipt and/or use. Winner is responsible for any costs or expenses that exceed the value of each prize contained herein. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period and listeners participating at any given time.
There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Any tickets and/or gift certificates/cards awarded as part of a prize will be subject to the terms and conditions set forth by the issuer and are valid only on the date(s) printed on the tickets or gift certificates/cards. Other restrictions may apply.
- Forfeiture of Prize or Services: The Grand Prize Package Must be Accepted in its entirety (no portion may be bifurcated) and used on the date of February 3, 2019. Should a Winner be Unable to Use the Services on February 3, 2019 for any reason, then he/she IMMEDIATELY forfeits the entirety of the Grand Prize. All services associated with the grand prize are reserved solely and only for the date of February 3, 2109. Any grand prize winner that declines or changes the February 3, 2019 date for the wedding service immediately forfeits the entire Grand Prize package listed above. Upon forfeiture the Station may, in its sole and absolute discretion, award the Grand Prize to one (1) of the other Contest Finalists who were in attendance and properly checked-in at the Finale Event.
- Entry Conditions and Release. By entering, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Station, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless Station, Cumulus Media Inc., and its subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies, participating sponsors, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, non-use or misuse of the prize.
- Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to use by the Station and its agent of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or biographical information (including hometown and state) for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
- All State, Local, Federal and/or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
- General Conditions. Station reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Station’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Station in its sole discretion. Station reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Station reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Station, entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use, non-use or misuse of any prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that a production, technical, programming or other error causes more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be claimed, Station reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
- Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate state court located in the Station’s listening area; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Station in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state in which the Station is located, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state in which the Station is located or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state in which the Station is located.
- Contest Results. A winners list may be obtained within thirty (30) days after the Contest Period expires by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Station identified below.
CONTEST SPONSOR: Cumulus Media Holdings Inc., ., KJOY – 3127 Transworld Dr. Suite 270 Stockton, CA 95206
Participating Sponsor: Kimberly Vaughn Enterprises, LLC / International Wedding Festival – 802 14th St., Modesto, CA 95354